As at : 16 March 2020 – We seek to keep this information up to date but it is a rapidly developing situation – If in doubt of currency please see the official Victorian Government website and act accordingly – https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
As we have all seen in the news of late there is some concern and anxiety regarding the corona virus or COVID-19. Today the Premier of Victoria has declared a state of emergency under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) which gives the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Victoria the power to give directions reasonably necessary to protect the health of the Victorian community. Accordingly, the CMO has given directions on the following;
- Non-essential mass gatherings are prohibited; and
- Self-quarantine provisions for all persons whom have arrived into the state of Victoria will be enforced;
From 16 March 2020 to 13 April 2020.
Firstly, we would like to remind everyone do not panic. Australian Government guidelines state that the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 is still low unless you have recently spent time overseas or have come into close contact with an infected person.
Secondly, the good news is these directions from the CMO do not currently restrict training at VHCA. However, in the interest of the health and safety of your fellow club members and their families the following rules will be enforced at all training and events hosted by the VHCA until further notice;
- If you are suffering from any flu like symptoms, even if you’re sure it’s simply a cold or something else, you are NOT to attend training until you are completely recovered;
- The VHCA will not be issuing masks or equipment in class. If you are a regular fee-paying member, we may be able to arrange a long-term loan of equipment for the duration of the current situation. Care and maintenance of the equipment will be your personal responsibility and at the end of the ongoing situation you are required to return the gear cleaned etc. to the club. Note the amount of equipment available is limited therefore any long-term loans will be on a first come first served basis;
- Aside from club equipment, we advise students to refrain from sharing masks/gloves with each other for the duration;
- Shaking hands, hugging and close contact will be discouraged; and
- Please practice good hygiene at all times.
Further details can be found at the following links;